Monday, August 6, 2007

Soldier Thanks

This card was created for a couple challenges on SCS.

Limited Supply Challenge #127 stated that we were to make a card using NO background stamps, no cuttlebugged backgrounds, and no patterned paper. Instead we were to use saying stamps to create our own background. All of the "thanks", "thank you", and "with thanks" are greetings from a CTMH set.

Sketch Challenge #135 is the actual layout of this card.



I love how this card turned out. Now I'll have to go over to anysoldier.com and find someone to send it to! If you've never been there it's a great place. You can search (say by last name, location, an item you have that you want to give away, etc) and then once you choose a person they will send you the address.

The little soldier is actually for a strip of stickers I got at the $1 store. I got them specifically for this purpose. I loved the images and figured they'd make quick cards. I also send out cards for the Sons and Daughters Organization for the WWII Army Rangers...so I'm always looking for simple quick ideas.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm working on a seed packet card so will have that to share soon!

Thanks!

Jane

1 comment:

Corie said...

Love this card -- GREAT job on the sketch challenge!!!!