Friday, August 24, 2007

Discouraged

Just needed to babble today. Feeling very discouraged on the job front. Another week gone by...another week with no job offers. Today I did get two postcards from the City that they'd chosen people for two of the positions I'd applied for there. They were administrative positions. I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Not enough recent experience (plus having to explain a termination) for a "career job" but too much education and experience to even get interview for administrative positions (because they probably think I'll just be moving on soon or that they can't afford me). I feel like sitting and crying. Instead, I'm going to go work on my dominoes. Maybe I'll break out my sewing machine and teach myself how to sew well enough to make a "voodoo doll" of my ex-boss and stick pins in it. LOL. Sigh. Did I say that I did finally get my vacation pay (last Friday...only took a month) and that I'm still waiting on my final day of pay that they shorted me? It should be on the NEXT paycycle. Arizona law states that employers are supposed to pay you in full within 3 business days of termination - here I sit OVER a MONTH after termination still trying to get my money.

Ok, enough venting. Off to work on dominoes and magnetic numbers to finish my countdown to Christmas clipboard from yesterday.

Jane

1 comment:

Lori Barnett said...

You live in Arizona? I'm in Gilbert.