Thursday, August 9, 2007

Beginning of Teacher Gifts

First, on a non-stamping related comment...I did hear back from one of the places I interviewed. They have chosen someone else. Sigh. Oh well...next number. ;-)

Today I started working on the beginning of year teacher gifts. I'd bought a couple journals at the $1 store and planned on covering them and making a matching pen, a matching chocolate bar, and maybe a post-it note holder and pen.

So first I started with the journals. Here they are mostly completed...I am thinking of tying ribbons to the binding just to make them prettier but I haven't decided yet. Me and ribbon don't always get along. I think my use of ribbon usually looks dorky. I like how these turned out so far though! The paper is from a pack I bought at Michael's. The only stamp used is the flower and it's from Personal Impressions by Inkadinkado. I'll show the set in a minute. The NOTES are made with Sizzix alphabet dies. The flowers may look like paper flowers...but they are actually just fake flowers from the $1 store with the ends clipped off and then a mini brad through the center.

Here are the two journals with their matching pens.



Here is the stamp set I used and a set of notecards that came from the same company. I didn't know it, but the envelopes for the cards are also preprinted to match the cards. They are very cool! (And I won them as blog candy from someone else's blog...so they were FREE which made them even cooler!)



After making the journals I decided I'd use the cards shown in the package above to make notecards to go with the journals. So I used the outer circle stamp and stamped it on each card and then used my alphabet stamps from CTMH and stamped four "N"s and four "L"s. I had bought some clear boxes at cdstamps.com so I'll be using those to package them up. These were SUPER SIMPLE. I may think of these again at the holidays!



I also made some candy bar covers but will have to wait until I have the actual candy bar to wrap so it looks better. Right now it's just a piece of paper cut to size and decorated.

Still MAY do the post-it note holders. Haven't decided yet. School starts on Monday so I'm running out of time!

Have a great evening! I have another halloween item to share tomorrow so come back and visit!

Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those note cards are BEAUTIFUL! So simple yet so elegant! And the notebooks are adorable!