Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday

Sunday used to be my favorite day of the week. It always felt like a new start. Now it just feels like..."oh no, one more day to Monday!" Sigh.

I belong to a yahoo group called ArizonaStampers where there are different swaps. Every month there is a "above and below" swap. There is a theme and then you make two cards with that theme and mail it to the person above and below you on the sign up sheet.

This month's theme was "Americana". I made this card (2 of the same because I'm feeling lazy) for the swap. It uses a sketch I found online (if I remembered where I'd share it with you...but I just did a search for "card sketches" and got a ton of sites and printed a bunch...so don't know where any particular one came from...sorry!) I stamped the CrossHatch background (SU) on the blue background and then used a white gel pen to put a dot where each crosshatch connects. I thought it looked wind of like stars. Then I tore the bottom and adhered it to a white card base and stamped the greeting (also SU) on the bottom. For the main focal point I used a stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps. I used markers and colored the image the two colors and then stamped on white and sponged blue around the edges. Then I mounted to red and tore the edge and folded over and put eyelets though that piece. I used blue waxy flax and tied it through the holes and then adhered the whole piece to the cardfront (this way the eyelets and the back of the waxy flax doesn't show through the inside of the card).

Check out Clear Dollar Stamps - I am on their Design Team and they have some really nice stamps at very reasonable prices! I need to buy some more of them! There are some coming out soon that I'll have to buy when they become available.



Have a great day!

Jane

No comments: