Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Cards to Share

I love this image from Sassy Stems (a SU set). The problem is that I ONLY like this one image from the set (out of 3 stamps) so I didn't want to plunk out $20ish for one stamp. What's a girl to do??? Join both the image swap and the RAK image swaps on SCS!

I don't know if you can see the background sparkle...but I embossed the background with a cuttlebug embossing folder...then used a foam brush and put on white staz-on ink refill and a little stickles both on the brush and then brushed onto the background. So it looks a little aged but glittery at the same time. This isn't my all time favorite card - but I'm sure it'd be good enough to brighten someone's day.



This second card I DO love. And it's pretty simple. I was looking through an OLD issue of a scrapbooking magazine and saw a layout I was attracted to. I liked the straight lines combined with the curvy main image/title area. So I decided to make a card with it instead of a SB page using the layout as my inspiration.



The card size is 5x5 finished. The strips are stamped tone on tone with a set from CTMH called Citrus Set. The main image (glass of lemonade) is another image I received in an image trade. This one is from a SU set (I think "Sparkling Summer"?) The lemonade has stickles on it so is quite sparkley.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Corie said...

WOW these are fantastic. Love all the color!

Deborah said...

Fabulous card! Love the bright colors! Deb

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I like the bright colors.