Sunday, July 29, 2007

So much to share...so little time!

Apparently the best way to get people to come visit your blog and LEAVE COMMENTS is to offer blog candy! I took a nap and woke up to 14 comments! I think that's more than I've had total since I started the blog! A few of you are close...although it's still not the exact answer I'm looking for. So keep guessing!

Here are a couple more organizational ideas...

My ribbon (is in a rain gutter bought at Lowe's...they even have little slider things that you can make dividers with). I love that you are able to pull one out and then put it back without dealing with a rod through them all.




And here are my CTMH acrylix stamps. This is actually a two drawer unit that we had in the bathroom to hold stuff in. I saw this and thought 'ah ha' and sure enough the sets fit perfectly.



And now...onto some more fun artwork!

Here is a white board I bought at the $1 store. I stamped it with the walking crab stamp from Gina K with staz-on ink and then colored it in with sharpie markers.



And here is a card I made last night...it is my first attempt using embossing paste. I bought the stuff back in February. It's MUCH thicker than I expected. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be the consistency of playdough? Anyways, I made the little bucket with embossing paste - then the rest of the ideas grew from that. This crab is from SU's Crab & Co stamp set. The ball is from a CTMH stamp set. I tore the brown cardstock to make the sand and inked the edges. I used a brayer and blue for the water. Masked that and stamped the "sun" (a circle from CTMH) and then punched a scallopped oval and used that as a mask to make clouds.



And here is a totally different card I made last night. I wanted to make a baby card for a fellow blogger who just had a baby. I used the basket from Clear Dollar Stamps (cdstamps.com) and then a baby bottle stamp from CTMH (an old incentive set). I'd stamp a couple and then mask them and then over stamp a few more...until the basket was filled with bottles. Pastels don't photograph so great...so hopefully this'll show up ok. This is not my favorite card...but it'll do.



Enjoy (believe it or not...I still have MORE to share...but I'll stop there!)

No comments: