Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cheating

I'm cheating and sneaking in my Monday post tonight so I don't have to remember in the morning. Since it's 10:00 here I'm sure most of my readers are asleep. So I can post now, right?

Today I played...with alcohol inks! They are a lot of fun. I only have 3 colors of ink so far. I'll have to stock up on some more with my 40% off coupons whenever Michael's has one. For now, you'll have to deal with the repetitiveness.

This first one uses a transparency which is then layered over a piece of white cardstock that has your image stamped on it. If you'd like to see tutorials on either of these cards...you HAVE to leave a comment! All images on this card are from TAC. Cardstock is from CTMH. I distressed it by sanding it (all CTMH cardstock has a white core which works great for distressing). The circles are made with 2 different size circle punches. I like how this card turned out...but I like the next one better!



Ok...ready for my favorite? It's a beauty. I wonder if the scan will do it justice. It's coppery/shimmery in person. For this card I used the 2 colors of ink and a bit of copper mixative. Then stamped with archival ink directly on the same sheet of cardstock. The image is from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. The background has a crackle stamp from SU and then I sponged the edges with brown to age it a bit. The three little squares are pieces of the same cardstock. This is VERY Southwestern.



I think I've found a new obsession! I need a new house JUST for stamping and scrapbooking! LOL! I've outgrown my small room already. Wow, I remember when everything I owned fit in one small plastic box! Then again I remember moving into our 3 bedroom 2 bath house from a 1 bedroom apartment and thinking we'd never fill it up...and now it's bursting at the seams! LOL.

Remember, if you want a tutorial...you have to leave me a comment!

Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me want Alcohol Inks! What wonderful colors you are getting. Hope you continue to feel better and have time to stamp and share! va

Aznewmom said...

OK then..........I'll leave one.
LOL! Love the background. Did you use the alcohol ink directly ON the acetate? No problems w/it melting or anything? I have used my SU ink refills and mixed them w/alcohol to do a faux batik type of thing. Wonder if that would work for this?
Thanks for sharing Jane.
These are really pretty colors.

Cheers,
Stacy