Friday, July 27, 2007

My Re-Organized Room

I originally stored my stamp sets in Iris Carts...by size of the box they came in. At the time I only used CTMH stamps because I was a demonstrator for them. After I stopped demonstrating I started buying whatever I wanted (didn't matter which company) and pretty soon I couldn't find what I wanted. My hubby picked up this cool shelving at the thrift store...a huge container of it for $10. You can build them in different configurations.

So we built it like bookshelves (kind of) and now I have all my backgrounds in one area, all my Christmas in one area, all my sayings in one area, etc.

In the far right back corner you will see a CD holder. These are my unmounted sets. These have also outgrown the holder but I haven't decided what to do about that yet. For now, I just put the left over ones up on one of the shelves. All the mounted and unmounted sets are marked with a sharpie so I can find them easily.

In the front of the table you can see a bulletin board and a cassette case holder that is mounted and holds my ink pads. Also, you'll see a Pampered Chef tool turn-about which holds all my constantly used items (like fine point black/white pens, paper piercer, sanding blocks, scissors, etc).

To view the pictures larger...just click on the picture. Then use the browser's back button to return to the blog when you're done!



This view you can see my wire cubes I use to hold papers, my iris carts (which now hold misc stuff like adhesives, embellishments, etc), and a magazine rack that holds all my scrapping/stamping magazines (well, it was actually some sort of wine holder that we got at the thrift store but it works perfectly for holding magazines!)



My total size is 9ft by 9ft...actually a little less. There is no door to the room (it used to be our dining room). At some point after we get my Dad's estate settled I'd like to build on to our mobile home (making our family room, the "dining area", and the laundry room all about 10 ft longer). If we do that then I'd like to close this side off and just have an entry from the remodeled area of the family room. Time and $$ will tell if that'll ever happen. But for now it's my dream. Well, my dream would be even bigger...but I'll settle for this! ;-)

Not shown, are my CTMH acrylix sets, my ribbon storage, and my $1 stamp set storage. I found a way to hold those today but didn't get a picture of it yet. Will share those in the days to come.

For now...here is one more card I made to share...



The House Mouse image I received as an image trade, the paper is CTMH. The image is colored with chalks. I still can't seem to watercolor for the life of me. Good thing these are easy to color with chalks! I bought some chalks at the last stamping expo and I've been quite happy with them. My old chalks smeared pretty badly but these are much better. I wouldn't say they are completely "smudge proof" (as they were advertised) but they are much better than my old chalks. If anyone wants details of the company - just let me know and I'll pass it along.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane I love your room!!!! Looks like a great room to come play in!
~Q~

Anonymous said...

I love these House Mouse stamps! This card is super cute!