Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Rubber!

I received my order from Biblical Impressions aka Eureka Rubber Stamps. They had a sale with 50% off unmounted stamps...so I HAD to buy a few! LOL! It's a sickness I tell ya!

A friend from work is into horses and I realized I owned ZERO horse images (gasp!) So I HAD to buy a couple of those. And then there was a deer image...and I also had NONE of those. So he went into my basket as well. And then a cute "snail mail" stamp with a snail carrying an envelope (just cause he was so cute and he'd be great for the outside of envelopes). Hmm...I think that was it. I thought I showed pretty good restraint actually. (ok...I can hear your laughter already!) ;-) I really am TRYING to get better about buying only images that are totally different than what I already own.

With that all said, I did make one card tonight. Nothing overly fancy...but I love how it turned out. It uses one of the new horse stamps from Biblical Impressions. Colored the image with chalks. The rest is just layering for the most part. This "paper" is some handmade paper I bought a while back at a place that was going out of business. I only bought a couple sheets so have been using it sparingly. It's a little shimmery in real life.



So, what do you think????

Also, since I'm in the sharing mode - here are a couple cards that OTHERS have sent to ME. These were the two cards I RECEIVED in the ArizonaStampers Above/Below Swap that had the Americana theme. The card on the left is from Virginia (a person...not the state...I'm not important enough to get a card from the state! LOL!). The card on the right is from Febe. Febe didn't know it, but we used to raise beagles...so this card was perfect for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love your cards! You're SO creative! Your friends are too! Where did they get those coca-cola stamps! I have to have some!! LOL!

Aznewmom said...

Love the idea of using the tab!
How cool!
wonder how well they would emboss?!?!?! Hmmmmmmmm, I will have to try that and let you know.
TFS.
Cheers,
Stacy