Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yay!

Our harddrive took a dump a couple months ago and we lost everything on it...including my resume. I was online last night looking at jobs and remembered I had one loaded on one of the job search websites. I was able to copy/paste it back into Word. I'll need to do some reformatting and add my current job...but it's better than starting from scratch! I have to get the resume done and my rebuttal letter (which will go in my personnel file along with the poor review) written this weekend. Sounds like lots of fun, eh?



On to something that IS fun...a new card! This is the first card I've made with this stamp. It's a Hero Arts flower. I colored it with markers and then spritzed it with water and stamped it. I was going for a watercolor look but not sure I got it. I then used a shadow stamp from CTMH and inked it up in a light color and then rolled the edges in a darker color and stamped it over the flower. Tore out that piece. Distressed all the edges of paper and then layered it(all paper from CTMH). Stamped the greeting (SU) and then added the paper piercing and brads.



Hope you enjoy it. I'm not usally a floral type of person (if you hadn't noticed! ha!) So this is a little out of my "comfort zone". And I'm not sure I'm in love with it. But I think it is worthy of being sent out to someone...not so hideous that it needs to go in the round circular file! :-)

I'm so sad these days (between the job stress and this being the time of years that my two daughters passed away) and stamping helps me to relax and forget for awhile and hopefully (assuming I ever MAIL them) they make the receiver feel happier too.

Have a great day all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who isn't into florals you did a great job with this card. I have that stamp along with heaps of other solid stamps from Heroarts and love them all to bits. They are so easy to use and always look great stamped. TFS