Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Office B-Day Cards

One of the ladies in our department always buys and circulates birthday cards for everyone. After she'd seen some of my cards she asked me if I'd like to make the cards and she'd pay me. So these are my first two cards.

This first card is for a male co-worker. He is a technical writer for our department. I saw a tutorial on this technique over the weekend and knew I had to try it out for Jim's card. Basically you stamp the image(s) with versamark ink and emboss with white embossing powder on glossy cardstock. Then you choose 3 colors of ink that coordinate. You ink up your brayer in the lightest color and cover the whole piece of cardstock in that color. Wait for it to dry (hardest part for me!) and then place a few post-it notes down. Now add the next lightest color ink and let dry. Add a few more post-it notes (leaving the others in place and overlapping some if you'd like). And then brayer over with your darkest color. Let dry. Remove all post-its and buff off any ink that is left on the embossed images. And you're done!

The stamps are from CTMH. I love my leaves! Probably my most used set.



The next card is for a female coworker. Actually our director. I've had this card around for awhile but hadn't done anything with it because it's larger than I normally mail. But I figured it'd be perfect for people to sign. I'm not sure if she wanted one for the director or not...if not it can be saved for later. This one uses the faux postage technique and also uses CTMH stamps/cardstock. I added some glitter to the wings but I doubt you can tell it from the scan.



Ok...two new cards...that counts for two days worth of postings right??? LOL. I'm sure I have plenty more I can share!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the post it note technique...I will have to try that sometime!

Have a great day!

We are getting together to do some planning for next school year (Kathy, Sherry and I)

Fun!

Concetta:)