Saturday, June 9, 2007

I can't wait to share!

I was going to make you all wait for the items I finished...but I can't wait! LOL! I'm as bad as a kid at Christmas. When I have something new I want to show it off!

This is the card I made for the "quirky card swap" on SCS. I have to make 11 of them. This is more detailed than I usually make for swaps...but I'm happy with the outcome.

Here is the outside all nice and sweet. The little tag says "Men are like roses."



Then you pull out the insert:



In case you can't read it it says: "Men are like roses. Watch out for the pricks."

In case anyone is wondering about swaps...this is how they work. Generally you'll join a swap with some sort of theme and they'll post the number of cards you need to send in (in this case it's a 11/10 swap meaning I'll mail 11 in and get 10 cards back...the +1 is a bonus for the hostess or she can choose to do whatever she wants with them). I'll send 11 of this same card in and 10 other people will be sending in 10 of their design. The hostess then swaps them out so you get one of every person's designs and mails them back to you.

The easiest way to do swaps (or any large number of the same card) is to do it "assembly line" fashion. Once I've got my first card designed, I then cut all the papers like you see here...



If I don't have enough time to set and finish all the cards right then, then the next thing I do is place each pile into small ziplock bags and then place all the smaller ziplocks into a larger one. Now it is portable and contained at the same time. So I can grab my bag, add in the paper piercer and the mat and take it with me to do that step. I do this now that I'm working full-time. I take my bag and a couple items (maybe ink pads and the stamps) and work on them during my lunch break.

Anyways, that's how I do my swaps (or any large number of the same item). I will save the post it holder for tomorrow.

For now, I guess I better go to sleep.

No comments: