Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm SOOOOO bad.

I'm as bad as a kid at Christmas! I made two new cards tonight with my new stamps and I HAVE to share BOTH of them RIGHT NOW because I am SO excited about them! LOL!


The first one is another humourous one. I'm enjoying these!


Outside:


This layout is called a "tent card" (since the top of the card is kind of sitting on a tent base I guess). The lady is by Inky Antics. The background is embossed with a cuttlebug plate. The saying is from Viva Las Vegas. You can't really tell it very much, but I put stickles on the ball so it sparkles. The outside quote says "Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like "You know, sometimes I just forget to eat."




Inside: The rest of the saying says, " Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!"














Ok...have you finished rolling on the floor laughing out loud yet? Not yet? Ok...I'll wait...Now? No? Now? Good...now I can show you something sweet instead. Talk about two totally different cards and styles of cards! But, as I say, I've never met a rubber stamp I DIDN'T like yet! I'm an "equal opportunity stamper". :-)


This next card uses a House Mouse design. I stamped them and colored in with chalks. Cut it out in an oval shape with the coluzzle. And then the rest kind of fell into place. To make the perfect oval piercing I just used the coluzzle template and my paper piercer and poked where you would normally put the blade to cut. In the inner corners you couldn't do it...but most of it was "loose enough" that you could. Then I just went back and connected the dots in the places where I couldn't do it.










4 comments:

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

Very funny! (I also have EXCELLENT memory on eating... Like Barney Fife says - got a clock in my stomach - all us Fife's do!) Can't wait to see your 'quirky' swap!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! Especially the house mouse card, it's just so sweet and I think I need that little mouse to come visit me today.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to borrow the saying stamps... about forgetting to eat... @@ as if!!! LOL Great cards as usual... you just make it so easy to hate you! =)
Linda

Jean said...

I have no problem forgetting when it comes to eating, I LOVE this Card!!