Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Is it ONLY Tuesday?

I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a truck. I went to bed last night by 10 which is really early for me but I was exhausted. At 3:00a.m. my oldest son woke me up because he was having trouble breathing (asthma from being a preemie). So by the time I got up and got all the stuff ready for a nebulizer treatment I was pretty well awake and it took me a while to fall back asleep. About the time I fell into a nice deep sleep again...then the alarm started going off. Ugh! Now I'm hoping he makes it through the day without me getting a call that he's sick. Today they have a field trip to go bowling.

Anyways, if you're still with me after that very poorly written paragraph...then I guess you're here for the artwork and not my ramblings. ;-)

I printed off a tutorial for this card and tried to follow it...but something was wrong. So I ended up doing what I needed to do to make it work! Somehow the edge of the cardfront is supposed to come over far enough that you can use a slit punch that keeps the front closed. Well...mine obviously didn't...so I improvised and made my own "slit" with the coluzzle. The popscicle stamp is from Clear Dollar Stamps and the "Girlfriends" stamp is a $1 stamp from Michael's. The scalloped square opening is made from punches. And the popscicle itself has stickles on it so it shimmers.

No comments: