Monday, December 3, 2007

Paper Piecing Card

I found an old techniques challenge on SCS to do paper piecing (something I rarely do) and decided to take the challenge. I love, love, LOVE this card in real life. But I can't get a good picture of it to save my life. So forgive the photos and love the card. :-)

To do paper piecing you basically stamp your image on white cardstock...then stamp again on patterned paper. You cut out the patterned paper and adhere over the white stamped image. Usually you see this more with stamps where people are wearing clothing (like a dress they then use patterned paper for). I went outside the box and did a floral image. The image is from TAC and is called Oopsie Daisy. I stamped my image four times total (once on white, once on blue patterned, once on green patterned and once on yellow patterned). I cut out all the colored pieces and adhered to the white one. I also added a black brad to the center of my flower. The blue flowered paper is SU paper (a gift from a friend...thanks Concetta!). Other papers are from a DCWV stack.



And here are a couple close ups of the flower image...




Enjoy. I'm off to get ready for work.

Jane

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

This is very pretty, and I love your color choices!!