Sunday, December 30, 2007

Love You!

Happy Sunday! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for our anniversary! We had a nice time out. Went out for a steak dinner and walked around the mall and looked at wedding bands (we want/need new ones...he has mangled his at work and mine is too small). Then we stopped and visited with some friends before coming home. It was a nice evening.

Wow, this 3 day weekend idea feels GREAT! I've slept a LOT but must have needed it. Got the house cleaned up a bit. Stamped a few things. Spent some time with friends. Did a little shopping. It's been really nice! I have to go back to work tomorrow but then have Tuesday off. So it'll be a short week.

Hmmm...what artwork do I have to share? How about this one?



This was inspired by the sketch I posted a few days ago where I used my Ice Cube stamp (it used a total of 5 circles across the panel). When I was doing that I thought about my cuttlebug embossing plates and thought about using them instead. So that's what I did here. I cut my white panel and centered the square embossing plate in the center and pressed it down. Then did one more on each side (for a total of three). I could have stamped in the center of the squares but I decided to use some punches (get more out of my usual comfort zone). So I stamped the heart a total of 6 times and glued sets of 2 together (to give it a little more dimension)...and then glued each set of 2 in the center of a square. The rest is just layering...and the one stamp from SU. I added the little Making Memories heart brad as the finishing touch.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Jane

3 comments:

Donelda said...

I Love this!! I love the layout -- the three hearts! I love those hearts too -- can't quite figure out how they are made but I love them!! and that little heart at the bottom is great!! This is a great card. Thanks for sharing.

Donelda SBS4

Kelly L said...

Aww, this is so pretty. I love those hearts! Makes me want to get my heart set out and play a bit too. :) Kelly

Rose Ann said...

Very pretty!! Love those hearts!!