Thursday, March 19, 2009

Snail Mail

The limited sketch challenge this week at Splitcoast was to use a bug stamp, no more than 4 layers, and no patterned paper. This is the card I created...but then realized I'd used patterned paper! LOL. Duh, Jane, read the directions once in awhile! :-)



Oh well, I still like the card even if it doesn't meet the challenge criteria. That adorable snail is one of the $1 stamps over at Clear Dollar Stamps. I bought him a long time ago but this is the first time I've used him.

Yesterday I got my quilt top about half finished. I guess 72 squares doesn't go very far (sigh). Was hoping that'd be enough for the whole quilt. Guess not! The good news is that I am SO PROUD of myself. What I've done so far looks great for a first time project. My son will be thrilled with it when it is all done.

I also made a new card yesterday. It uses a stamp I've never used before (I got it in a grab bag from Viva Las Vegas Stamps) and my 'greeting' is in Spanish. So if that peaked your interest keep your eyes out for new things to come.

Have a great day!

Jane

No comments: