Monday, March 2, 2009

All Stitched Up!

Well, after a weekend of playing at the sewing machine, I have a couple things to share this week.

First is this card:



There is some real stiching on here and some faux stitching on here...can you tell which is which?

The little "ewe" is from Michael's $1 stamps. Isn't he/she/it adorable? I colored just the face and then used liquid applique on the body so it'd puff up and look like he's covered in a wooly coat.

Hope you like it! I think the blue is a little boring. More than likely (in the future) I'd add some tone on tone stamping or some embossing to it. But I'd already sewed and layered (practicing) before I decided what I was going to do with making the card. So...it's a little plain...but that's ok once in awhile.

Jane

2 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, I would never have put those colours together, but man do they look good (stashing for later in the week!). Great card and good to see the dust is being worked off the machine!

:) Marcia

AmethystCat said...

cute, cute card! love the stitching too!