Sunday, March 22, 2009

I am SO excited!

I am so excited...my first quilt is essentially finished! I still need to handstitch the final portion closed (about a foot worth) and I plan on tying it off with yarn at the corners of each square. But for all intents and purposes...it is done, done, DONE. (Done at last, done at last...thank GOD I'm DONE AT LAST!) LOL. Wow...how does anyone ever do a queen or king size quilt? Are they insane??? Or they are just much more patient than I am. (If you know me...you know that is entirely possible! LOL!)



The front is all patched 6 inch squares. The back (not shown) is mostly the brown material but has a strip of the camo fabric on either end. Mainly because I had to piece it to make the fabric I had left big enough for the back!


The happy recipient!


Love the look on his face here!



Sorry, no cards made this weekend. Will try and do something today though so I'll have at least one or two cards to share for the week. I'm worried that this is going to be a week from hell at work.

Jane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The first one is done!! Woo hoo!! Let me know when you want to come over and learn how to "throw together" a Queen or King sized quilt. LOL :-)

Jacquel said...

Woohoo! Congrats on finishing your first quilt!!!

As for the basket on my blog; she used the Baskets & Blooms Die for the Big Shot & different sized Ovals & Circle punches to make the bunny. Hope that helps!!!

Lori said...

Fabulous Jane! Congratulations! You did not waste any time on this! It is a great looking quilt and I bet your son is so pleased with it! He sure looks happy! I wish you and your friend could come and help me with mine! It has been in the closet for way too long! Hugs Lori

Anjou Krelovich said...

Congratulations! Looks great! I'm with you on the queen or king size. Who has the time? (The biggest I ever got was a wall hanging!)