Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A couple things...

Yesterday I came home from work and found a surprise in my mailbox! A big stamp set from CTMH. It had an address label on it - but I don't recognize the name. I don't know WHY I received the set. If any of my readers is the giver...I'd love to know who sent it!

The second thing I wanted to share is my "practice" piece of sewing. Mind you...these squares were not measured and cut...just eyeballed and cut. And I can see where I placed a pattern going the wrong direction. But regardless...I'm proud of myself. This required that I conquer a fear. And I found it to be a lot of fun! I'm definately going to see where this hobby grows!



I can't wait for payday so I can buy some basic tools, maybe some used magazines on quilting, and some fabric to play with! In the meantime I'll have to amuse myself with blog hopping.

Jane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WELL DONE JANE! I HAVE AN ALLERGY TO THE OLE NEEDLE AND THREAD SO A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU FOR MAKING A QUILT! IT LOOKS AWESOME & I WOULDNT HAVE NOTICED THE STRIPED PIECE GOING THE OTHER WAY ONLY THAT YOU SAID!