Monday, January 21, 2008

Slacking...

Sorry folks, I know I'm slacking. I haven't felt much like creating or posting these past few days. Yesterday was my Dad's birthday (he passed away 2 1/2 years ago) and on January 31st my Mom will have been gone 10 years. So I'm feeling kind of sad and definately not creative. It'll get better....I promise.

For now, another card to share. This one is another red/black/white combo. It uses a sketch from SplitcoastStampers. The stamp set is one from Close To My Heart called Uptown Girls. It's an old set so I'm sure it's retired. The set (all look similar to this stamp...fashion girls with dogs) isn't normally my style. But when I was a consultant we had to do a swap with the set. It seemed impossible to make a BAD card with it. And it required minimum coloring (always a plus in my book!) so I bought the set. And every card I've made...I've liked. Maybe the stylish fashion girls make the card stylish??? :-)



Also, yesterday I decided I really NEEDED to buy some adhesive. I'm sick of my MonoAdhesive (my cards keep falling apart!). I love my ATG gun but had run out of adhesive for it. I'd been using my liquid Mono Multi but don't want to waste it (plus prefer not to work with a liquid glue for big projects). So I went in search of ATG refills. FramingSupplies.com probably had the best deal. But I decided to give my business to Rubber Necker Stamp Company. They charged actual shipping and I was able to sneak a new stamp onto my order! LOL. Check out "Alfie Raising His Leg". I couldn't resist this stamp! They have some REALLY adorable stamps...love the frogs and the dogs and there is one in the "Laundry" section that is just too cute too (a cat inside a closed washer going around with a mouse on the top of the machine pointing and laughing). I figure I'll just have to add a new stamp each time I refill my adhesive! (Although that adhesive lasts for a LONG time...36 yards...guess I'll need to make LOTS of cards :-) )

Have a great day all. Today I'm making homemade chicken and noodles. It's one of my mom's famous dishes. And my kids LOVE it (the one food they beg me to make). It's very time intensive but oh so yummy! Wish I could make homemade bread to go with it...but our oven is still broke and we haven't found a decent used one that we can afford. So no bread today.

Jane

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling sad. Your cards are way cute though! And very valentiny (is that even a word, lol).

*hugs*

Kelly L said...

Wow, that is a cute stamp. It looks like that might be where MFT (My Favorite Things) got their idea from for their dog set. lol Oh well, gotta love those puppy dogs. Alfie is a cute one. I have found the ATG tape on Ebay pretty cheap too. (just a thought).