Sunday, October 21, 2007

Be Happy Every Day Penguin

Yesterday I managed to make 4 new cards...and I like all of them...so that makes it a good stamping day. I made two cards using the same stamps - but different colors and designs. So I thought I'd start with one of those.

This card uses my new Memory Box Penguin and the saying is from Hero Arts. It's one long saying...but I just inked up part of it and stamped and then did the other portion. I got the card sketch from Beate's weekend challenge



Sometimes I have REAL issues following sketches. I'm not good at partial layers and this one drove me NUTS to do. I tried several types/colors of papers for that area to the left of the image. Couldn't find anything I liked. The ribbon was the closest I could come and still be able to live with my final choice. I'm one of those people who like everything equidistant and centered! LOL.

Jane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, your card is adorable.
I keep my sketches simply but you can feel free to add additional layers (as long as they go with the layout). I just don't want to overwhelm stampers that like simple layouts.
Hugs and smiles

Andrea, said...

fabulous card, I love the background paper and that penguin is so sweet

Rose Ann said...

Your penguin is so cute! I love the papers and colors! You did a wonderful job with Beate's sketch!