Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My dahlia - my friend

Have been seeing these "dahlia fold" cards cropping up all over the internet so had to give it a try myself. The big flower you see is actually 8 circles that are then folded into kind of a triangle shape and the 8 pieces fit together to form the flower. Not the easiest thing with little 1 1/2 circles! I am really happy with how it turned out though.



The metal word charms and the metal brad (center of flower) were embellishments I received from my secret pal. I think they work well here with the autumn colors.

Enjoy!

Jane

6 comments:

sparkplug17 said...

Great job! I love the colors and I think you did great with the folding.

~KRISTY~ said...

IM YET TO TRY THIS ONE OUT!!! IT LOOKS SCAREY...LOL LOVE THE COLOURS YOU USED ON IT & THE CENTER BRAD ON THE FLOWER IS GORGEOUS!

Donelda said...

nice dalia!! YOu were smark to use 2 sided paper! It looks great!

Littlekel90 said...

I think these look so lovely. I need to try my hand at them as well. Great colors, and your folding looks perfect to me!! Great job, Jane!!

Cassidy said...

wow this card is beautiful!

Melanie S said...

these colors look great together.