Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a full day planned with family and/or friends.

10 Things I'm Thankful For

1. My family. My boys are the light of my life and amaze me on a daily basis with their thoughts and what they say. They definately keep me on my toes! My daughters, in their brief time here on earth, taught me many lessons as well.

2. Food on the table and the job that puts it there! Many people are out of work and I'm thankful I'm not one of them.

3. My extended family. Having three older brothers was a real pain growing up. Sometimes a pain PHYSICALLY (like when I broke my arm while attempting to do something that my brother dared me to do) or mentally/emotionally (like when I tried to call home for a ride and my brother kept answering the phone "Joe's Mortuary" and I kept hanging up because I thought I had the wrong number!). But now, I'm very thankful for having older brothers. They have come to my rescue many times. Guess they CAN be useful sometimes!

4. My loved ones that have passed. I'm thankful for the time I've spent with these people and that I had a chance to know them. This list would include my parents, my daughters, my niece, my friend Kelly and a few others.

5. For soldiers who have fought for our freedom over many many years and wars. My Dad was a WWII Ranger. I'm glad I've had chance to meet many of these warriors and had them be a part of my life.

6. For my new job and that they were willing to give me a chance. I'm really enjoying working there.

7. For my doggies...they always make me smile (well, except when Sammy pees on the floor and I step in it...then I'm NOT smiling!) LOL!

8. For my crafting...that it helps keep me sane!

9. For my friends...they help keep me sane too! There is a country song that talks about finding out who your friends are when you have a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and try calling people for help. I don't have a whole lot of friends...but the friends I do have...would be there in a heartbeat.

10. For my health and the health of my family. My oldest son was expected to have many complications due to his premature birth (which he hasn't had many). I'm thankful for the doctors who have treated us through the years. I'm thankful for a wonderful mental health provider who helped me survive the losses of my daughters and an OB/GYN who made me get that help. I'm thankful I'm here for another Thanksgiving and to be spending it with my wonderful family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Go out and hug a loved one.

Jane

No comments: