Monday, September 22, 2008

In Honor of World Alzheimer's Day

I made this card after seeing THIS post over on Cammie's blog. If you'd like to see how maybe YOU could win some blog candy valued at over $1,000 AND support a good cause while you are at it...go check out Cammie's blog!

I decided on this particular card for a couple reasons...

1 - I figured most people would make feminine cards. So I wanted something masculine.
2 - I wanted to try out a new technique (the grid or faux tile technique)



The stamped image is one of my new ones from Prickly Pear Rubber Stamps. Behind the main image I used the Linen background stamp from Stampin Up. There is a saying stamped on the inside of the card which is also Prickley Pear. I aged the main panel by sponging ink and then further by dragging the edges in a darker brown. I could have gone a step further and either coated the panel in embossing powder or by doing that and then "cracking" it afterwards. I chose to do neither. Was feeling lazy...and I like it how it is...so it stayed that way. I did also drag a pair of scissors around the edges of several of the panels to distress them.



Here's a close up of the main image which shows the grid technique. I'm not sure that's what it's called...but that's what I am calling it! LOL. Basically you score lines in both directions (I just used a stylus and the "line" on my old fiskars paper trimmer...but if you have a score pal or score-it...that'd probably work better). Then you stamp on the side where the lines are depressed into the paper. Then finish as desired. Easy smeasy!

Have a great Monday!

Jane

4 comments:

Teresa Brooks said...

Love your card Jane. Thanks for your participation.

Anonymous said...

I always love visiting your blog for ideas. I am in such a non creative lull at the moment.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Jane, I love the simple layout, yet you finished it perfectly. Great faux tile too!

:) Marcia

AmethystCat said...

great card! love the kickstand card too!