Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quilting Update

Ok...a few days ago I posted a picture of how my disappearing 9 patch is coming along and asked if I should add more rows. The answer was a resounding "YES". So I went back to Hancock's Fabrics yesterday to get more fabric. There are a total of four fabrics in the quilt. Well, they are out of the yellow fabric and it's discontinued. Now what is a girl to do? I bought a yard of each of the other three. If all else fails I will make 9 patches out of the two fabrics that I have both of (so they match what is in the quilt) and make those as a 'border' (so to speak). That way it looks like I intended on it! LOL.

I am also headed out to a quilting retreat this next weekend. It's one I haven't been to before but I've heard it's a blast. So I'm looking forward to it. Will try and get my fabrics cut before I go so all I have to do there is sew it all together. With any luck by next week I'll have a quilt top to show you! I'll be paying someone to actually quilt this one though. NO WAY am I doing it!

No comments: