Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Misc Ramblings

First off, I wanted to share something I saw hanging on a bulletin board. My guess is that it's from a book but I couldn't tell you exactly where it came from. I just know I liked it and wanted to share it. LOL.

We waste so much energy trying to cover up who we are,
when beneath every attitude is the want to be loved
and beneath every anger is a wound to be healed,
and beneath every sadness is the fear that there
will not be enough time.
When we hesitate in being direct,
we unknowingly slip something on, some
added layer of protection that keeps us from feeling the world,
and often that thin covering is the beginning of a loneliness which,
if not put down, diminishes our chances for joy.
It's like wearing gloves every time we touch something, and then,
forgetting we chose to put them on, we complain
that nothing feels quite real. In this way,
our challenge each day is not to get dressed to face
the world, but to unglove ourselves
so that the doorknob feels cold, and
the car handle feels wet, and the kiss good-bye feels like the lips of
another being, soft and unrepeatable.
-- Author Unknown

I still have a 'poem' from Jr. High days that talks about the masks we wear and when I saw this hanging on the bulletin board it made me think of the masks one.

Last night I was talking to a friend and they told me that in their lifetime I was one of the few people they've ever met who was true. That I didn't initiate drama, I didn't talk about other people and stir the pot amongst people, I kept any secrets told to me, I didn't backstab my friends, etc. I told her I try my best to be true.

And I was going to share new pics of the snake and the quilt...but my camera's USB port isn't being recognized for some reason. So I guess no pictures today. Sorry about that!

No comments: