Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm a bad, bad girl...

I have a savings account where I divert $25 to each payday. It is kind of my "mad money" account. I don't keep track of it really. If we are getting close to running out of money in our checking account then I'll use it for gas or lunches. But I use it pretty sparingly. So I was surprised when I checked the balance and found I had $170 in in! Usually it runs less than $50 in that account. Guess I've been using it even more sparingly than usual! LOL. So...I splurged!

I got a few new sets of nestabilities and a tan embossing mat so I can emboss with them in my cuttlebug machine. Most of you are probably familiar with nestabilities. But if you aren't they are thin metal dies in graduating sizes and shapes. For the basic shapes (circle, oval, square, rectangle) they also have matching graduated sizes of scalloped dies to match. You can either cut OR dry emboss with them. They are made for the Spellbinder Wizard machine...but you can use them in just about any die cutting machine. I own a few of the nesties...but have never got the mat I needed to emboss with them. And due to the cost I'd only bought the scalloped version (figured I cut out the basic shapes with either my paper cutter or my coluzzle). But really, the thing that makes these SO cool IS the embossing and the idea of embossing the solid circle (for example) and then having a scallop circle to mat it to. So I bought the coordinating "solid" sets to go with the scallop sets I already had and I bought the embossing mat. They have shipped and I'm waiting for my new toys to arrive! HERE is a card made by one of my SBS4 sisters (Sparkle) that uses the nestabilities and you can see the embossing and the scallops.

I also got two of the new release stamp sets from Clear Dollar Stamps. I fell in LOVE with the Farm Critters set. And while I was there I got the Chocoholic set as well. The Farm Critters set had a coordinating "sayings" set and a rolling "wheel" but I decided I could make do without those.

So...now I'm done buying for awhile. At least till tax return time. The main thing I want now is to add to my Copic marker collection. I've been thinking of maybe using that as an incentive for my weight loss. Maybe one new marker for every 5 pound loss? But I'd only do the actual buy maybe every six months or so. The cheaper places you have to place a sizable order in order to get free shipping AND a good price on the markers.

I'm off to make lunch and then to create a few cards to share for the week.

Jane

No comments: