Sunday, October 5, 2008

Favorite card of the weekend!

Ok...I have to share this here NOW. I can't post it to Splitcoast until tomorrow (no upload Sundays) but I wanted to share it somewhere...so here it is! :-)

Yesterday was World Card Making Day (yes, there IS such a day!) As part of that event, they hosted several challenges on Splitcoaststampers. My card actually combines a few of the challenges. It is the sketch challenge, the inspiration challenge, and the ways to use it challenge.

Here is the sketch I followed:



The inspiration was this Coldwater Creek catalog cover...I followed the leaves and the yellowish color through into my sample...



And lastly the Ways to Use it Challenge was this:
"Doesn’t fall always make you think of trees, of warm rich colors and cool fresh breezes? Trees are such wonderful images, inspiring us with strength, hope, renewal and constancy. Think of the imagery we get from trees – sheltering us, growing roots, reaching to the sky. Well, if you can’t tell, I’ve been on a major tree kick this year (going green and all, I guess!). So, my challenge to you is simple. Show me your trees!

Whether it’s a spring tree ready to bloom, a naked tree in winter, a happy Christmas tree or fall foliage; whether you want to show the tiniest bit of a leaf or a huge forest; make them crazy, make them fun, make them elegant. If you can’t find a tree you want to use, don’t despair. We’re all flexible here so you can also use anything that is related to trees – leaves, acorns, even small woodland creatures! Get creative and let’s pay tribute to our arboreal friends."

Are you ready to see what I came up with? I really love this card. It looks SO much better in real life. It was hard to get a picture with the transparency and the black card base (and my photobox is black) but hopefully this photo does it a LITTLE bit of justice!



Supplies:
Stamps -
Close To My Heart (Skeleton Leaves)
Stampin' Up (Weathered Background and Small Sayings)
Cardstock -
Close To My Heart
Other -
Mini brads (Joann's brand)
Transparency
Alcohol Inks
Techniques -
Distressing (sanding and dragging edges with scissors)
Alcohol Transparency over the main stamped image

Enjoy!

Jane

8 comments:

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh, Jane, this is a stunning card! how neat to know all your inspirations and I love the final product. super card!

Allison Rankin said...

You should be proud of this one...what a stunner! Super job on including all the elements of a challenging sketch!

Chris (catt871) said...

VERY nice!!! I love the colours!!!!

Anonymous said...

No wonder it is your favorite! Beautiful card, Jane! VA

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is amazing, the colours everything.

:) Marcia

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous card!!

Kelly L said...

Wow, I agree. I think it is stunning, too! Great job with the challenge. Looks like the inspiration was right up your alley on this one. :) Kel

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful, stunning card. I love the leaves and the colors. Great job!