Saturday, May 31, 2008

YAY...it's SATURDAY!

I slept in until 11a.m. this morning...gasp! And now I'm leisurely looking at all my stamping sites and "window shopping". There are several things that are currently on my "I NEED this list" but I can't afford them. Sigh. Maybe I can talk hubby into it when we finally get out tax $ back.

So...what's on my "I NEED this list"?

1) Copic Markers - These are artist grade, alcohol ink based markers. They ain't cheap! These are carried at multiple places - I would probably get mine from Clear Dollar Stamps since I design for them and get a special deal. HERE is a blog that has a tutorial and shows how awesome these markers work!

2) Nestabilities - These are thin metal die cuts in different shapes and sizes with both straight edges and scallops so you can create layered looks. You can see them used HERE. They sell these at different places and that's the main thing I've been looking at this weekend. A few places and prices I've checked (in case anyone else is looking):

wolfcamera.com each set is $15.89 plus $6.95 s/h - they do NOT carry the embossing mat

ucutathome.com each set is $22.49 but you can sign up and get a monthly coupon for 40% off so it breaks down the cost if you make your purchase over multiple months. They carry the embossing mat for $6.95.

overstock.com each set is $19.99 plus $2.95 s/h. They do NOT carry the embossing mat.

allthatscraps.com each set is $24.99 and free s/h with purchases over $25. They also have the cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder in stock that I've been eyeing.

3) Bind-it-All - Just what it sounds like. It's a little binding machine where you can make your own little scrapbooks. Once again, available in many places (including two local scrapbook stores). I've been eyeing this for well over a year but can't convince myself to spend $60 on it. It's also available at Clear Dollar Stamps among other sites. I imagine the weight of this might make it cheaper to buy locally though instead of paying shipping! HERE is a site that shows the machine and a few projects they made with it.

4) Score-Pal - As seen in the first posting showing the Copic markers...the score pal is a little (well not so little) gadget for scoring your paper. This can be used functionally (like for making your card fold in half or for making boxes and such) or it can be used decoratively (like you saw in the card. This is probably lowest on my list because I can make do with my paper trimmer and a scoring blade. But my Fiskars paper trimmer doesn't cut (or score) perfectly straight. So it'd be a nice gadget to have.

5) Cruise - Well, this is only if I won the lottery! But doesn't THIS look like fun?

Ok...now that I've spent all my virtual money and shared all my good finds...I guess it's time to share a card with you!

How about this card?



This uses new stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps. This set will be available on June 1st. It is called "Shore Treasures" and is a set of 16 stamps for $12.99. The sentiment is something I printed on the computer. I was originally going to do a single crab (mostly a white based card) but then I thought it'd be cuter to stamp him randomly all over the background. Well, then I had to COLOR him a zillion times! Next time, just shoot me! LOL. :-) I loved working with this set. It's the same one I used for the little lunch tin I posted yesterday. I will be posting more used with it over the next few days.

5 comments:

AmethystCat said...

cute card. how fun! And, what a fun list. I thought I wouldn't need a scor-pal either but it's my favorite tool. Just got the BIA as a half-priced item and am loving it too! fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Looks like a fun stamp!

Chris (catt871) said...

Cute card!!! Your "I NEED it" list looks very similar to mine! Good luck! And if you win the lottery, I'd love a set of Copics too...LOL ;-)
Chris

Linda said...

You inspired me to post a I want it list... mine isn't much scrapping stuff -- there is too much around the house stuff I am dreaming about right now!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Got the BIA - love it, waiting for me nesties to turn up anyday and have Scor Pal on my wish list.

Love the card!