I've been busy this weekend. I've finished two cards and one scrapbook page. But (fortunately for later, unfortunately for now) two of the items are Design Team items that have to remain TOP SECRET for now. But I did want to share this card with you!
For this card I...
1) Cut a strip of white glossy cardstock
2) Stamped the leaf randomly onto the cardstock using black ink
3) Waited for the black ink to dry
4) Used a white crayon and colored in all the "crevices" in the leaf images and highlighted the edges of the leafs
5) Sponged on olive and vineyard berry inks
6) Used a paper towel and "scrubbed" off the crayon (which then leaves those areas white since the ink resists it)
7) Folded a green base card, sanded it, used scissors on the edge to distress it
8) Layered the leaf strip on white and then black cardstock
9) Did faux stitching along the bottom edge.
10) Adhered the strip to the card base.
11) Stamped the greeting
All done! See, wasn't that simple??? :-) Actually it wasn't difficult and it looks amazing in person! If you've never tried crayon resist...you should try it. I'm always pleased with the outcome.
I'll try to come up with a few more things to share this week. If you want to be updated when I add something new (and not have to come check on a daily basis) then just go up to the right side of the blog and sign up for FeedBlitz. Then you'll get an email each time I post something new.