Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Toiletry Bag

A friend of mine is coming to visit. She's flying in and is only bringing a carry on so has asked to use my shampoo, etc to save space. I thought I'd surprise her with this little gift. I found the pattern on the Moda website. It's actually pretty easy (I put it together in an afternoon using the scraps from my disappearing 9 patch quilt). So my only cost involved was the fusible fleece ($1.00 ish) and the velcro (maybe .20?) It cost me more to fill it than it did for me to make it. Too much fun!

Here are a few views of the completed bag:







The strips are 1 1/2 x width of the fabric. You sew 10 of those together and cut into a rectangle. Then that one piece of fabric becomes the whole bag. These instructions didn't have you quilt it but I think I might if I do another one. I also may use slightly larger strips of fabric because all those little 1 1/2 inch pieces were a handful!

But it was fun and I like the finished product.

3 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! What a great gift!

Concetta said...

Looks great! Good job Jane:)

Cindy said...

I bet your house guest was excited. How thoughtful of you. Very cute.