Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little of Everything

Today's posting will have quilting, cards, AND personal ramblings. A little bit of everything! :-)

First, the quilt. This is the quilt front that I made at my last quilt retreat. I decided I should probably have it quilted before the next retreat in March so I'll have something for 'Show and Tell'. So I laid it out and measured it (54x71 inches). I was hoping for a full size quilt and thought this was big enough. But now I'm thinking I may want to add a border or two. The pictures here are taken on my queen size bed and it ALMOST covers the top of the mattress but not quite and there is no overhang. So I'm thinking of adding a thin white border and then a thicker solid color border. And finishing it with white binding and backing. Thoughts???



A little closer so you can see the fabrics/colors:



Next I wanted to share a few cards I've received. The first two are birthday cards sent from my fellow Internet stampers...Darlene from TheStampersUnite yahoo group and Melanie from Splitcoaststampers. Thank you ladies! It was really hard to get a picture of Melanie's frog card. It has some great texture and glitter but in the picture it just looks like psycho frog. Sorry about that!



Next up is a card I received from VA for a swap on our ArizonaStampers yahoo group. She made an easel card. I've never made one and am going to have to try my hand at it. It's pretty cool! Thank you for sending me such a unique card!



And lastly...I thought I'd share what Dakota and his friend were up to this afternoon. This is what is in my kitchen right now...



This should explain why I will NOT be keeping the white quilt for myself! LOL. My quilts often end up on the floor or as part of a fort.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: