Monday, July 21, 2008

Playing with New Toys!

Guess what finally came in the mail? My much dreamed about Copic Markers AND my first set of Nestabilities! I ordered the rectangles for my starter set. Hmm...now which to get next??? Hmm.

So, have you seen Nestabilities? Most of you probably have. But for those of you who haven't this is what they look like...



They are just (ever so thin) pieces of metal that you can run through most die cutting machines (I used my cuttlebug). The pieces will cut AND emboss (if you have a tan embossing mat...which I still need to buy). So for now all I can do is cut. But they are sized just right so every shape has a scallop that goes with it. Or if you have the embossing mat you cut and emboss with the same die. Here's a sample I made using my friend's circle nestabilities and her embossing mat. The embossing is a little hard to see on the white but it's there in real life I swear! :-)



The other purchase I made was two sets of Copic markers. Because I'm on the Design Team for Clear Dollar Stamps I got a ganga deal and bought two sets (each with 12 markers). I was afraid these would be really hard to use and that I might not like them. But I love them! And now I definately need more so I can do more shading! I'll be showing a few cards towards the end of the month where I used the markers. They are Design Team projects so I can't share QUITE yet.

I'm happy with both my purchases. The only other small purchase I made (I got $100 from our tax rebate that I could spend on what I wanted) was one of the Swiss Dot Embossing Folders. I'm disappointed to say that I ordered it several weeks ago and it STILL isn't here. I contacted the company after about a week. They said the order had got held up at the company that processes their credit cards (nothing wrong with the cc...just a glitch). But I still haven't seen my order. Grrr. Right now this embossing plate is one of the "hot" ones and it's often sold out. It was in stock when I paid for it. I'm wondering if it went out of stock between the time I placed the order and the time they realized there was a problem with the order. I guess it's time to send another email. Sigh.

Jane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the nestabilities train ride - they are such a great tool to have. Really finishes a card. Can't wait to see what you make with them!

:) Marcia

Chris (catt871) said...

Congrats on the copics and nesties!!! I have yet to break down and buy copics...I bought 3 shades of one colour to try, but it is hard to make a judgement on 3!! LOL
Chris

Renée said...

Nesties are fun, aren't they? I just love what you can do with them. I would hate to have to wait for an online order ... sucks. Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon!

Kim Teasdale said...

I got the copics too and I'm just waiting for them to arrive (I bought all but two of the sets from Clear Dollar Stamps) - I will probably be back to get the others :)

Kim

Kristine said...

LUCKY LUCKY YOU!! I've been wanting some of those for so long, but still don't own any. Maybe some day. :) I know you'll have a TON OF FUN with them--congrats!