Saturday, March 8, 2008

Playing with House Mouse images

I colored four images (that I'd received as part of the MAR swap) while I was watching TV the other night. This is the only one that made it as far as a card. I need to get the others made into cards...I'm two cards behind on mailing out my Mouse-A-Round cards! Yikes. I took Monday and Tuesday off this week so hopefully I'll have some time then to get caught up on some of this craziness.

This design was a sketch challenge on SCS. I'm not sure I love how it turned out - but it's presentable. For the balloons I needed to use brighter colors so then had to stick with it for the papers. And I'm just not a bright color kind of person. You can't tell from the photo but I used liquid glass (aka crystal lacquer) on the blown up balloon.



I also got some great news to share...but I'm going to wait and announce that later! Just a tease for now.

I'm off to Phoenix today. We are doing a send-off party for my brother. He's moving to Reno and I'm not happy about it. But I'll have to deal with it. Also, just happens that a friend of mine that I haven't seen in 20 years is also going to be in Phoenix so I'll get to see her today/tomorrow too. I probably won't be posting again till Monday morning. So, have a GREAT weekend!

Jane

3 comments:

KellyS said...

Very cute card! This is one of my fav HM images. You did a fantastic job coloring!

Donelda said...

I LOVE it!! I hear what you mean about using bright colors, I tend to be an earthy color kinda gal too but you've done a great job with this card! It makes me smile. You are soooo mean -- hinting about somehting and not sharing...shame on you!! :-)

AmethystCat said...

have fun in Phoenix. I think your card is really neat. love that house mouse stamp!