Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Friend is Nutty!

I really like how this card came out. I saw the sketch somewhere but don't remember where. If it looks familiar and you want credit...let me know!

This uses REAL stitching (might as well, since I have the machine out). The little peanut guy was from a grab bag I got from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I've had the stamp for well over a year and never used it. Because...what exactly DO you use a peanut guy for?



I decided I wanted to make a play on words about "nut" or "nutty". So I decided on using "For my Nutty Friend". Then I went a step further and went online and found a translator that would translate the English to Spanish. So that's what the greeting says.

Here is the peanut guy up close...isn't he cute?



I went to the stamping expo today. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped but about what I expected. Not a whole lot of stamps. And what they did have were mostly wood mounted. So I only bought 3 small stamps. I did buy some more copic markers to add to my stash and some pre-cut cards.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I am going to TRY and get my quilt top finished this weekend. We'll see if that happens or not!

Jane

9 comments:

Ginny said...

I LOVE that stamp, card's fab too :0)

Becky said...

What a nutty card :), I love this nut and what you have created with him.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Super fun! I love the saying with that little guy! Very nice sketch too!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun image! Great job coloring!

Michelle Forrest said...

This is too cute!

Wendy said...

I love the little peanut! Very cute! The colors are great too! :)

loretta said...

Your mr. sammie looks exactly like my Mr. Snickers! Love the card, makes me want to party!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

He's pretty cute!

:) Marcia

AmethystCat said...

fantastic card. love the nut image! and glad you got your quilt top done! way to go!