Monday, July 23, 2007

Sharing - Roses In Winter

This stamp set was recently retired by Stampin' Up. I'd loved the artwork I'd seen made with it but wasn't willing to shell out the $30 for it new and noone was letting go of it used. Well, then it retired and it became one of those sets that consultants are letting go of to get new things. I was able to get the set for $25 including shipping. Hopefully, I'll get that much use out of it! It's a 2 step stamp set and it's on wood blocks (which makes 2 step stamping harder...that's one time where I prefer the see-thru acrylics). But luckily, it's a forgiving set and it doesn't need to be lined up perfectly. After all...what rose is perfect?

Here's the first card I made with the set. It uses Roses In Winter (for the roses), Happy Harmony (I think...the greeting), Linen background, and Canvas background. I aged it some with inks...and also added some "texture" by tearing a piece of paper to mask part of the card and then stamping the canvas only on part of the card. All stamps are from Stampin' Up.



And the second card was inspired from a sketch on Beate's blog. It uses Roses In Winter and one of the new $1 stamps I got at Michael's. I distressed a bit with ink and sanding. Popped up the main image. I'm still not entirely sure I like the card. But it was the best I could do with the sketch. Some sketches I find myself using over and over again...I'm not sure this will be one of them! LOL!



Enjoy.

Jane

2 comments:

Corie said...

These both are so beautiful!!

Heather P. said...

These are great! Love your take on the sketch. :)