Sunday, July 11, 2010

What I've been up to...

Just got back from a 12 day trip to Idaho. It was so nice to get away from the heat for a bit. Hard to believe that I needed a light blanket to sit outside in the evenings. It was about 5,000 ft elevation where I was most of the time. The second day we took the kids and the dogs and went to this lake. It was gorgeous. The water was a wee bit cold but the kids still went in and played.



Then we helped with a petting zoo for my cousin's scout troop and my oldest son rode on the scout float in the 4th of July parade. My youngest stayed with me and collected candy. I have NEVER seen a parade where they threw out that much candy. I bet my purse weighed 20 pounds (not kidding) AND he got a t-shirt that someone threw.

We spent one day at a hot spring where the kids (once again) got to swim. I was expecting something more like a rock hole with warm water flowing into it...but this was actually like a swimming pool. It just pulled it's water from a hot spring.

Then we went camping at about 7,000 ft elevation. Brrr. Only bad thing was the stupid mosquitos that were everywhere. I swear they were as big as flies! We were planning on staying for two nights but cut it short because they were SO bad.



Then the last two days I stayed with another cousin in Boise (a little warmer there) and we went to a couple quilt shops which was fun.

All in all I got to visit with 4 first cousins and their spouses, 3 first cousins once removed (and their spouses) and all the assorted children and animals that went along with them.

This is my favorite picture from the trip...because it was totally unscripted. I love it when they play nice with each other!



Now I'm back into the thick of things getting oldest DS ready for middle school, my youngest's birthday is this week, and I have to have everything ready for my MBA application by the 19th. All while working two jobs. Yikes! ;-P

1 comment:

scrappernic said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed my neck of the woods (I'm in Boise). Makes me sad that we haven't been camping this summer!